RE: Help with sorting

Subject: RE: Help with sorting
From: Troy Melhase (tmelhase@gci.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 14:13:46 AKST

> Thanks for the reply Troy,

> If the file name was 'test' how would I make this work? What values do I
> have to put into the script to make it read my 'test' file? Do I need to
> put something in for 'host' and 'foo'? Sorry for all the questions but
> like I said my skillz at writing any type of code or /dev/null.

Jon,

Did you try Arthur's solution? It may be simpler and more appropriate.

If not, edit what I sent earlier and change the line:

        datafile = file('mydatafilename', 'r')

to:

        datafile = file('test', 'r')

The reason I used "host" and "foo" as names is because I didn't have context
to your data.

I suspect that even with the change above you may run into problems. If
that's the case, send me a small sample file off-list and I'll see what I
can do.

Assuming it works, I'd still try Arthur's first. :D