PXEBoot and TFTP install

Subject: PXEBoot and TFTP install
jonr@destar.net
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 13:12:47 AKST

I am trying to install onto an appliance(Net4801) using PXEBoot and TFTP.
I am having a very hard time understanding this from what limited sites I
have found. Does anyone know of a good howto on how this is accomplished?
I went to syslinux and read about that but he assumes I know too much
when, in fact, I know too little.

One question I do have is this, do I need a completely different box to do
this or can I do it on an already functioning system?

I found a couple of windows utilities for TFTP and DHCP that does give the
appliance an IP address and then it seems like it starts to read my
pxeboot.0 file but then fails with a bunch of errors. I can't troubleshoot
the errors because I have no knowledge of how this works and what the
steps are in the process.

Any help for my derilict ways is appreciated,

Jon