Re: common authentication interface

Subject: Re: common authentication interface
From: Glen Johnson (glen.list@alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 11:30:17 AKST

In my experience LDAP works and is fairly versatile. Redhat can
be configured (via authconfig) to verify auth and get user-info this
way. And openldap isn't too difficult to setup. Assumedly *BSD
can use PAM or some equivilent to leverage ldap.

Padl (ldap backwards:) has good rtfm links
http://www.padl.com/Contents/Documentation.html

I didn't know this before digging but ... Active Directory is also
LDAP but with a microsoftian schema. ... According to several
docs AD can be altered to allow linux auth with some minor
modifications.

Speaking of which, has anyone got samba3, windows, and ldap
working together? This looks to be a major pain. And not sure
I want to spend the time unless it can actually be done!

TIA

Glen