Re: Sound Editing

Subject: Re: Sound Editing
From: Jim Dory (jdory@gci.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 20:29:08 AKST

>On Thursday 22 January 2004 06:03 pm, Jim wrote:
>

>>I have several large .wav files that I would like to edit. Any
>>suggestions for software?
>>
>>Jim

Other suggestions are probably as good or better depending on your
variables, but you might want to at least take a look at ardour and
jack. Whew. This one is getting better everyday. I've learned a bit
about cvs just so I can keep up. They are at .9beta9 now - pretty close
to a release. But I'm using it to get my minidisc field recordings to
disk and it has some power. Ladspa plugins..

I had trouble trying to get it to work on my Suse 8.2,(couldn't) so I
added a hard drive, installed gentoo, and I'm cooking with gas now. For
jack (the sound server?), I would look at qjackctl for a nice user
interface. You get that running first, then fire up ardour. Uses alsa -
you kill arts first.

cheers, another Jim.