Re: Interesting article for those of you running WAPs

Subject: Re: Interesting article for those of you running WAPs
From: Charles Smith (charlie@medease.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 08:06:14 AKST

I would imagine that in your line of business you would.
Have you ever tested your own security by using Snort to capture 5000+ packets
and then running a program to produce a workable key? This was described
sometime ago in a paper referencing the insecurity of the existing 128bit
encryption at that time. It was a subject that peaked my interest at the
time, but never took the time to actualy try it against a setup.
I would imagine that someone by now would have come with a sort of rolling
temp key that could be negotiated at the time of the session start after
verifing the authentication using the time syncd server and keyfob.

Charlie