RE: opinions on Window Managers please

Subject: RE: opinions on Window Managers please
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 08:22:10 AKST

With all this talk about desktops, you might want to check out
www.freedesktops.org. They are working on some sort of standardized
interoperability and shared technology for X based desktops.

They don't seem to be trying to work on a standard desktop, but standardize
ways some things on the desktops work. Things like adding/removing menu
items, adding/removing desktop items, drag-and-drop, etc.

Jim