Re: F-prot

Subject: Re: F-prot
From: Jamie Hushower (hushower@alaska-geeks.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 10:44:30 AKST

I am using it for my Postfix email system (on Redhat 9.0) and love it.
Fast, easy, and thorough. I have just tested the server version (via
Samba 3.0.0-15) and it appears effective. Incidentally, I am also
testing the Windows version on a terminal services cluster, but am
having a few issues (related to terminal services). I think RAE Internet
is offering a fair discount on F-Prot for previous RAV users.

-Jamie

Mike Tibor wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Tim Jordan wrote:
>

>>Anyone on the list use F-prot for anti-virus scanning? Input?
>>http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/unix/
>

> I use it on some Freebsd servers and like it a lot. Definitions seem to
> be updated more frequently than some others, like Symantec.
>
> Mike

Jamie Hushower
Computer Consultant
Rent-A-Geek