Re: RS-232 PCI card

Subject: Re: RS-232 PCI card
From: Joshua Kugler (jk@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 10:33:25 AKST

Results 2, 3, and 4 on this page should give you what you need:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=pci%2Cserial&searchdepa=1&Order=price

Shipping is a bit steep for just one item, but when I went looking in town
here (Fairbanks) the only one I could find was $40, so YMMV.

j----- k-----

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 01:22 pm, Bob Pelz wrote:
> AKLUGers,
>
> I'm looking for a PCI card that will provide an additional
> RS-232 serial port.
>
> These seem hard to find in these days of USB.
> USB to serial converters don't seem an easy way to go.
>

> Bob Pelz rpelz@arctic.net

Joshua Kugler
Assistant Systems Administrator
UAF Department of Mathematical Sciences