Re: copying files from ls command

Subject: Re: copying files from ls command
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 08:15:18 AKST

Thanks all. I have never used rsync, so I will try it out this afternoon.

I figured I would use ls and cp because it seemed like a quick and dirty
way to do it. Apparently it is not. Looking around online, the only
solution I've seen is to use some tool (it's early, and I've forgotten
the name) to change all the spaces to underscores, copy the dirs over,
and then use sed to change the underscores back to spaces - hardly an
elegant solution. :)

Thanks again for the suggestions, I'll let you know how it works out.
Justin