Re: Dreaming

Subject: Re: Dreaming
From: Jacob Gemmell (evilbob@sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 10:22:02 AKST

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Jamie Hushower wrote:

> While not specifically Linux related, please consider the following:
>
> I'm planning a very slim system to fit in a cupboard in my kitchen and
> need some assistance and/or suggestions. I have an LCD that I would like
> to use, but it is just a standard desktop model- i.e. has a rather large
> base. One idea I have had is to invert the monitor and use the base as a
> mounting bracket on the under-side of the cabinet. The obvious problem
> is the image would be upside down. Can anyone suggest a way to fix that
> issue? I would prefer the LCD be mounted so that it can fold back as
> opposed to have it sit on the counter. Following are some additional
> thoughts on the subject;
>
> 1) I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new display (the cheapest
> LCD's I've found are above $300).
>
> 2) I will use any OS that can invert my display image, but would prefer
> Linux.
>
> 3) I am willing to perform surgery on the display if it is not extensive
> and not of great risk (to me or the display).
>
> 4) The display is a Viewsonic VE175.
>
> Thanks.

You may want to look at xrandr or some other driver related extensions in
X or ...if your using Windows those drivers.

http://www.xfree86.org/current/Xrandr.3.html

I know that Nvidia's windows drivers allow you to rotate the screen 180
degrees which is what you are probably looking for.

--
evilbob@sdf.lonestar.org