Re: Deferred Mail

Subject: Re: Deferred Mail
From: Tim Johnson (tim@johnsons-web.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 14:36:22 AKST

* Jamie Hushower <hushower@alaska-geeks.com> [031229 12:29]:

> I'm not sure if this problem was too basic to elicit a response or if it
> was so difficult that no one had any idea...
>
> The answer (if anyone cares):
> Setting the "Smart" relay host in the sendmail configuration on each
> sending host cleared up the issue. I Changed the line reading "DS" in
> sendmail.cf to read "DSmymail.host.here" where the mailhost should be an

  Jamie, I just wanted to mention that on my version of Linux, the
  documenation encourages one to make configuration changes in
     sendmail.mc and then use the m4 compiler
     example:
       m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

    Reason being given is that using sendmail.mc as "source"
    reduces the likelihood of errors.

    Works for me and I find

    "DSmymail.host.here" a bit unintuitive, whereas

    define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.domain.net')

    The "source" as it appears in sendmail.mc
    is more readable, to me anyway.

    tim

Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>