Re: The IT industry is shifting away from Microsoft

Subject: Re: The IT industry is shifting away from Microsoft
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net )
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 17:36:33 AKST

Hmmm..., Ah... Hiawatha apparently is behind the times regarding
governmental moves to FOSS (with appologies to RMS). The Peru documents
are quite old, and Munich dumped Windows for an IBM/SUSE contract at
(IIRC) a 40% preimum a few months ago. She (?) does mention Peru and
China, but she gives no information and apparently little weight to
their governmental decisions. Also, the events in one of the large
political areas in Spain regarding a Spanish language distribution for
schools is completely off her radar screen.

There is no question the Inquirer is biased. In this case, if one
filters out the noise of the drumming, one may get a more accurate
picture of the situation today as well a a clearer idea of what the
future may hold.

By the by, Andy, I am really glad I switched to vim. Don't delay. Make
the move now. =;-)}}}

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .-.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Woody" v3.0r1