Re: building a new gentoo kernel...advice please

Subject: Re: building a new gentoo kernel...advice please
From: Tim Jordan (timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 14:35:02 AKST

I did build a new kernel on my secondary hard drive. Problem is I don't
know how to tweak the system to boot the new kernel. I did what I
thought was correct editing grub and pointing /usr/src/linux to the new
kernel....no luck.

The system starts to boot then goes to a red screen and immediately
reboots.

I've scanned the Gentoo site on a How To for installing a new kernel
with no luck.....
Looks like I'll be building from scratch...what a bummer!

Tim