Re: Skipping messages in fetchmail

Subject: Re: Skipping messages in fetchmail
From: Andy Firman (andy@firman.us)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 15:03:09 AKST

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 11:32:19AM -0900, Barsalou wrote:

> Anyone know how to skip message using fetchmail? I have some messages
> in my mail account that are hanging up fetchmail and for now would like
> to skip them.
>
> I don't have web browser access to the mail, so I can't delete the
> problem messages.

Do these messages have malformed headers?

I get spam on some pop servers and fetchmail will not
retrieve the messages. It is very annoying.

I don't know how to tell fetchmail to skip the messages.
But I have been reading on other lists that fetchmail is
not the problem....it is the MTA that will not accept
the malformed emails as fetchmail is trying to deliver
to the particular MTA.

Mutt is a great solution to this problem.
(if you are not getting these emails every day)

Try this:

mutt -f pop://user:password@yourpopserver.com

and mutt will retrieve the headers of the emails.

You can then delete the problem messages.

I like Mutt very much as it is extremely flexible
and configurable.

Andy