Re: Warm Computers

Subject: Re: Warm Computers
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 19:05:33 AKST

Mine is right next to the baseboard, has been as long as I've had it.
and I have no problems. The baseboard gets up to what - 100 degrees,
maybe? I don't really know how hot they normally get, but I can touch
mine even when it's going all-out.

I've never had any problems with overheating, and I have an Athlon 2200+
- certainly would be up there on the hot cpu's scale. Really, the CPU
is well above 100 degrees, and the case is probably around 90 or so
(mine was right around this, last time I checked in the BIOS) so it's
really not that big of a deal.

I don't think it's as much of an issue as having a computer in -10
degree weather. :)

Justin