Warm Computers

Subject: Warm Computers
From: Tim Johnson (tim@johnsons-web.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 18:13:06 AKST

Howdya LUGs:

Well here's the corollary for the previous thread:

If I were to move my computer underneath my desktop,
it would give me more room on the desk surface.

My concern is that the computer would then be closer
to my hotwater baseboard heater, which is more often
on in this weather than in the summer (to put it mildly).

My first impulse is to consider such a location
ill-advised, but I would welcome other opinions.

BTW: I have in front of me, a catalog from CyberGuys,
and they have for sale a "memory heatspreader". Has
anyone had any experience with these?

tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>