Re: Server Changelog Software

Subject: Re: Server Changelog Software
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 13:59:38 AKST

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, W.D. McKinney wrote:

> If you want to go that route a nice commercial package is Cerberus
> Helpdesk. See http://www.cerberusweb.com/product_info.php
> They take care of all the php security issues for you.
>
> Dee

*I* would still firewall it. All it takes is one 13 year old with too much
time on her hands to find something that the developers missed. Not to
mention that they would still be vulnerable to problems within php itself
- and there have been a few.

I am very careful with any sort of program (OpenSSH, etc.) that accepts
data from the net, and protect them as much as I can.

Cheers,

James