Re: adding a hard drive

Subject: Re: adding a hard drive
From: James Dory (jdory@gci.net)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:17:24 AKST

Mac Mason wrote:

>The gentoo install docs are quite good, actually; they should make it
>relatively easy to make this work. With that said, my advice would be to
>partition the drive however you want, then install gentoo on it, all
>while it's attached to the system. The gentoo guide to the grub step
>should actually give you enough information to add gentoo to SuSE's grub
>config so you can tri-boot.
>
>~Mac~

I took a look at SuSE's Yast last night and went into the boot loader
module - which I assume is the grub config. Doesn't look too difficult
but I would have to do some learning to add something to it. I read
through a bunch of Gentoo's install docs after booting it up via the
first CD and parts are a bit over my head but maybe with a bit of time
it would be clear. Girlfriend is already mad at how much time I spend on
the danged thing.

Or maybe take the advice of another removable hd tray.

cheers, Jim