Re: Crossover Office

Subject: Re: Crossover Office
From: Peter Q. Olsson (olsson@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 12:50:22 AKST

Chris-

Thanx for the update. It sounds like the product has matured a bit with time
(as would be expected). Also, now that I think of it, my problems may ahve
been related more to WINE than Crossover Office. And, WINE has come a long
way in the last 18 months or so...

PQO

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:30:06 -0900, Christopher Swingley wrote
> Andy,
>
> * Andy Hall <andyhall@gci.net> [2003-Nov-17 07:44 AKST]:
> > Does anybody have any experience with Codeweavers
> > Crossover Office? Does it really work, and how
> > well does it work?
>
> I installed the latest version (2.1?) last week, and I think it's
> great. I only use it for two things -- ProMash brewing software,
> and opening poster-sized PowerPoint files so I can produce
> PostScript versions using the HP755CM/PS printer driver. The
> PowerPoint -> PostScript has worked perfectly so far, and ProMash
> also works reasonably well. The only problem I've had is that text
> in tables under ProMash doesn't line up properly. The Office
> program
s don't seem to have these issues, however.