Re: Good info

Subject: Re: Good info
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 07:06:52 AKST

--

I have been hit twice in my life with root kits on linux.. One was on a redhat 2.1 box.

the other was last summer on a machine .. I enabled samba for the owner of the business, and It got hacked on the latest Samba exploit.. I caught it within 4 hours but they had a partially installed root kit in place and 2 trojan sshd's running.

I Install and Activate prelude by default now. It checks file dates, sizes, and times for changes from day to day , week to week, etc

Shortpier

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part