Re: For those of you that think RedHat is going away

Subject: Re: For those of you that think RedHat is going away
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 09:04:06 AKST

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 18:33, Barsalou wrote:

> Please take a look at this:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/pdf/success/Army_PERMS.pdf
> --
> Barsalou <jmbarsa@attglobal.net>

I think most of the noise about Redhat is about losing the free DL
version, not necessarily that RH is going away. RedHat joins Suse in
confusing us users who want to copy cd's and give them away. On one
hand, if software has a GPL license you can not be restricted in how you
use it. You may pay for it but you have the right to copy & distribute.
I am not sure that there is any non-copyleft software in RH, but the way
RH treated MP3 indicates their stance, to me. I don't have a copy to
check license info though.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.