Re: Mozilla & SUSE 9.0

Subject: Re: Mozilla & SUSE 9.0
From: Andy Firman (andy@firman.us)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 04:05:52 AKST

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:55:11PM -0900, Matthew Dunaway wrote:

> I just installed SUSE 9.0. When I connect to the internet and open Mozilla,
> the SUSE homepage shows up. When I click in the address bar to type a
> different URL, Mozilla locks up. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to get out of
> Mozilla. Anybody know what is going on? I really like using Mozilla, so
> would like to solve this mystery. Konqueor works just fine.
> Also, I can't log into Gnome. I get the log-in screen but it won't let me
> enter my password. Are these just bugs, or did I screw something up??
> I might have to go back to SuSE 8.2. At least it works.

I don't have an answer for you but want to say that this happens to me.
Not a complete lock up...just the keyboard...and just with Mozilla.
The mouse continues to work and if I do File>Page Setup or something
like that...it usually stops the problem and my keyboard works again.

This happens in both Mozilla-Firebird 0.6.1 and Mozilla 1.5.
Running Debian Sid (unstable) on a Thinkpad A-31 with kernel 2.4.22.

Very little information on Google about this problem and its annoying
because Konqueror 3.1.3 is quite buggy. Giving Opera a try now.

Andy