Re: what's wrong with my sendmail?

Subject: Re: what's wrong with my sendmail?
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 14:41:42 AKST

I believe that when it forwards, it doesn't mangle the IP address. For
instance, before I had my webmail set up, I had mtaonline.net set up as
a valid relay domain, so I could send mail from work using my server.
Without it, it would deny it, because it recognized that it came from my
work IP and not my smoothwall IP.

A bit more information: I disconnected my server from the network, and
smoothwall's traffic graphs show that is probably where all this crap is
coming from. Before disconnecting, I was averaging 6K/sec outgoing,
which is quite a bit for my server. GCI's cable modem usage page shows
that the past few days I've been uploading over 200-400MB/day, whereas
my typical upload usage for several months preceding this was around
100MB/day. Cacluating it out, a sustained 6K/sec turns about to be
around 500MB/day, so that matches GCI's numbers pretty closely.

My green interface has barely any upload traffic, so virtually of this
is coming from my orange network.

Justin