Fedora & apt

Subject: Fedora & apt
From: Barsalou (barjunk@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 13:13:39 AKST

I haven't used apt or Fedora stuff to update the kernel...but as far as
I know, there isn't any difference between using up2date and apt. They
both download the rpm's and then issue the appropriate rpm command to
load that rpm.

When updating kernel's, always keep a bootable floppy on hand so that
you can recover (if you have the CD you can use the rescue option).

I will be trying it when then next kernel update comes out...I'm sure
the list will here of any problems that I might run into.

In my case, I am using Win4lin, so there are special steps that are
needed to install a new kernel for me.

Mike

--
Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>