Re: Who is using RBL's ?...

Subject: Re: Who is using RBL's ?...
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 08:11:06 AKST

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:07:25 -0900
"blair parker" <blair@akparkers.net> wrote:

> but I am curious to find out what services any of you are using, and any
> good/bad experiences folks have had.

I use ordb.org and spamhaus, in that order. I find that my hits are about evenly split between the two of them. Since Postfix checks ordb.org first, I don't know how many of the ordb.org hits would also have been stopped by spamhaus.

I have received some "false positives" from ordb.org, but that was because a smaller ISP in California allowed themselves to get onto the ordb.org list with an open relay, and then stay there for months. Since the process for getting off of the ordb.org list is to submit your IP address for testing, I was wondering about their sysadmins. When I have them test my server the test usually starts within hours, if not minutes.

Cheers,

James