Re: The sky is falling

Subject: Re: The sky is falling
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 21:37:13 AKST

On Tuesday November 4 2003 6:50 pm, Peter Q. Olsson wrote:
> > "Red Hat's chief executive has said that Linux needs to mature
> > further before home users will get a positive experience from the
> > operating system, saying they should choose Windows instead."
>
> Geez! Someone must have spiked RedHat's water supply with bad blood or
> something. I have a hard time understanding why RH feels the need to po=
ison
> the well of all it's dedicated user base. Guess it is RedHate from now=
 on!

> PQO

> | Dr. Peter Q. Olsson,
> | Chief Scientist, Alaska Experimental Forecast Facility
> | University of Alaska Anchorage
> | 2811 Merrill Field Drive
> | Anchorage, AK 99501
> | voice: (907) 264-7449, fax (907) 264-7444
> |___________________________________________________________________

Well I and my friends who have been into linux from it's start have deci=
ded=20
to dump Red Hat in favor of another distro. Redhat seems to forget it's=
 the=20
home users who got it into the IT departments.. if it was not for the hom=
e=20
users sneaking it into work and begging and pleading for the boss to give=
 it =20
a try they would not exist. Redhat also forgets it's the small user that=
=20
still is the one the boss turns to for recomendations .. after all it's =20
folks like the members of this list and other lugs that realy drive the=20
server software markets ... They are stepping on there own future.. Oh w=
ell =20
the prusute of money as the main motivation has been the down fall of ma=
ny a=20
company. RH will be no diffrent . I know they have pissed off everyone I=
=20
know with this move and I for one will soon change from the RH distro I =
use=20
to another and will also change my clients and customers over to another=20
distro. If you got there stock now would be a good time to dump it...

Greg J
Alaska-internet-solutions.com