Re: Fwd: Re: Anchorage Linux stores

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Anchorage Linux stores
From: Peter Steven House (descartes@bandemax.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 01:03:35 AKST

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no place is better than
any other with respect to Linux support. Legend has it there's a female
employee at CompUSA that has been using Slackware exclusively since
Slackware 3 but I've never talked to her. I know she exists because a
good friend of mine who also uses Linux related to me an anecdote about
how he was chastised about assuming she used Windows when he asked her a
question about a product. She also explained to him to how to ensure
said component will work under Slack. Her advice checked out.

She's probably since moved onto better things.

The experiences at one store have been comparable to me. Mentioning
Linux will get salespeople to treat you like you have leprosy. I just
do my research on the web ahead of time and go in and purchase the
product silently. I hope someone out there has had better experiences
and will relate the location of where they had them. : )

--
Peter Steven House
"The shortest path between two truths in the real domain passes through the complex domain". - Jacques Hadamard