Re: domain name registration

Subject: Re: domain name registration
neil@neilmoomey.com
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 14:25:04 AKDT

Network Soutions is horrible. Worse than Al-Qaeda. I inherited a non-profit website registered years ago with them. The techincal contact had left and the email address is long gone. I am helpless to make any changes because I'm not the technical contact and they used mailto authentication. They never gave us a password when they switched to the password authentication like they said they would. Why did they ever use that mailto authentication anyways? It's terrible. You change your email address and you lose control. I've asked them to mail us the password to the offical address several times and they refuse. The web hosting company Verio refuses to help me either. Well, it's a long story. Finally, I just bought a new domain. I use godaddy.com.

Neil