RE: M$ Flaws

Subject: RE: M$ Flaws
From: Stephen King (sking@chartercollege.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 19:56:58 AKDT

Good to meet some of y'all at your booth yesterday and today. =20

In spite of the risk of being smacked right out of the group, I have to
ask...say M$ disappeared tomorrow...would the world really be a happier
place, or would the virus kiddies just switch back to concentrating on
writing *nix worms that the still-stupid users would download just as
happily? I guess then at least we'd be in control of recompiling our
own darn kernels, eh?

Went to the Microsoft "Why you should switch to Windows Server 2003"
seminar today, where they talked about what they're doing about all
this. Wasn't entirely thrilled with what I heard...it's a start,
but.... Sheesh...sometimes a nice career in the janitorial industry
sounds good. Anybody hiring an entry-level hunting guide? ;-)