Re: Can't get DVD to use DMA

Subject: Re: Can't get DVD to use DMA
From: volz (volz@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 11:15:16 AKDT

Justin,

We are running 2.4.20-6, RH 9 distribution. (I set hda=ide-scsi). I had a
problem that may be related. My DVDR/RW will hang the system in the default
ultra DMA mode.

If I set the DMA jumper, this makes it some other version of dma (Multiword DMA)
which is supported by the kernel and it doesn't hang for reads.

 However, I still haven't figured out how to make it write with cdrecord ProDVD.

- Karl Volz