Re: Goofy Printer Issues

Subject: Re: Goofy Printer Issues
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 19:49:39 AKDT

I'm using the gimp-print-ijs driver. I tried doing the ppd generator on
the linuxprinting website, and then just replacing my epson.ppd file.
If I do that, I get an error when I try and print that says "Print file
was not accepted (client-error-bad-request)!". Which, (perhaps related)
is the same error I get when I try to use the gimp-print 4.2.5 drivers,
which is why I'm stuck a few versions back, on 4.2.0.

I guess the only time I really need do a large amount of copies is when
I am doing stuff like flyers or CD labels for aklug. In that case, I
can just do a little math. Like this time, I just did 7 copies, which
results in 49 copies being printed, then I just need to print one more,
which will get me to my target of 50 copies. :)

Do they say why gimp=print-ijs isn't it the recommended driver for the
HP? I use it for mine - I found the results to be better than HP's own
linux drivers. Unless something has changed in the last year or so.

Justin