Re: Linksys wireless lan

Subject: Re: Linksys wireless lan
From: Matthew Schumacher (schu@schu.net)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 15:36:49 AKDT

Mike,

Make sure you are using the right mode (mine likes Managed mode) and
essid. You can set those with iwconfig. Check out the man page for
more information. You might also try making it work without WEP until
you get it going then enable WEP.

I almost never use my wireless anymore because WEP won't work with my
base station and card combo and because I have 18 ethernet drops in my
house. Maybe one day I'll put my base station in the DMZ and setup
ipsec, but I haven't needed wireless bad enough to spend the time on it.

Can you see the card with `iwconfig <eth1>` or `ifconfig -a`?

schu