Re: Fuzziness on flat panel

Subject: Re: Fuzziness on flat panel
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 12:17:27 AKDT

Yeah, vertical bands are common. I've seen them linked to both wrong resolution and too high a refresh rate.

If it's a 17" LCD, it's probably 1280x1024, if 15" then probably 1024x768. I'm not sure what 19's typically are - probably 1280x1024 or 1600x1200.

Your documentation (or Google) should say what the native resolution of your LCD is. Then, you should set it on that resolution, and your refresh on 60Hz, and that will usually give you the best results, at least in my experience.

If it's still giving you problems after that, maybe try a different video card and/or try a Windows machine and see if it might be hardware-related instead of a configuration problem.

Justin