ACL support in Gentoo

Subject: ACL support in Gentoo
From: Tim Jordan, Network Services (timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 15:11:58 AKDT

I'm working with Samba 3 on my Gentoo box. So far setting up and
configuring Samba w/ldap and krb5 support is pretty straight forwared.
My Gentoo box is now a member server of the domain, shows up in Active
Directory.

I can get a kerbereos ticket from our W2K PDC and connect to windows
shares with as little effort as:
smbclient //server/share -k

Now I'm ready to start moving into setting permissions on directories
and files for my Samba shares.

First I need ACL support. I did emerge the acl package but I believe I
need to enable it within the kernel.

Is there a fast way to: 1) check for acl support 2) to enable the support?

My first goal is to give domain admins (who I mappe to a local group
"domadm") r,w,x permissions to each share on the Samba server.

Any ideas?