Re: This looks interesting

Subject: Re: This looks interesting
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net )
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 20:22:25 AKDT

Say, this is the sort of thing I like, a bare-knuckle, text based
install (Slinky) with a minimum system and the ability to (presumably)
easily select the desired packages and customize their initial
configurations. I still like to have a gui (its easyer to have a lot of
xterms available), but I don't need the heavy duty, industrial strength,
desk top beloved of at least two of the commercially available
proprietary operating system and general office application combination.

So, maybe this Friday at the AKLUG Lab Session I will give it a try.

Cheerio! fgd.

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 07:15:42PM +0900, Barsalou wrote:

> It's kinda like the older versions of slack that you could get on floppy
> only it is the newer versions of RedHat apps. Kinda cool:
>
> http://www.rule-project.org/en
>

> --
> Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .-.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Woody" v3.0r1
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^