Re: Linux Demonstrations

Subject: Re: Linux Demonstrations
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 10:56:12 AKDT

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 10:08, Chris Hamilton wrote:
> I will be giving a 45 minute presentation on the wonders of Webmin. For
> those that aren't familiar with Webmin, it is a web-based Unix/Linux
> server administration app. It is very cool, and is a real blessing for
> both Linux newbies, and seasoned administrators. Webmin will allow you
> to control virtually any aspect of a server, from controlling services
> and interfaces, to rebooting the server.
>
> And, it's not just for Linux users. You can use Webmin to allow your
> Windows network users to remotely (from the Internet or intranet) access
> their intranet files via an SSL web browser. Somewhat of a poor man's
> VPN.
>
> Egan Center - Tuesday, October 14th @ 12:00 noon
>
> See you there.
>
> Chris

snip

In addition to the 'official' presentations going on downstairs, the
AKLUG booth will probably have several computers running, depends on who
shows up to run the booth. It would be a 'good thing' to demo some apps
or services at the booth. We will be giving away Knoppix cd's & RedHat.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.