Re: Linux Demonstrations

Subject: Re: Linux Demonstrations
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 10:08:57 AKDT

I will be giving a 45 minute presentation on the wonders of Webmin. For
those that aren't familiar with Webmin, it is a web-based Unix/Linux
server administration app. It is very cool, and is a real blessing for
both Linux newbies, and seasoned administrators. Webmin will allow you
to control virtually any aspect of a server, from controlling services
and interfaces, to rebooting the server.

And, it's not just for Linux users. You can use Webmin to allow your
Windows network users to remotely (from the Internet or intranet) access
their intranet files via an SSL web browser. Somewhat of a poor man's
VPN.

Egan Center - Tuesday, October 14th @ 12:00 noon

See you there.

Chris