Re: upgrading FreeBSD problem

Subject: Re: upgrading FreeBSD problem
From: Mac Mason (macmasta@ak.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 12:06:28 AKDT

"FreeBSD Stable" is badly named. It's equivalent to debian's "testing"
distribution. It's a "we're pretty sure this works" thing that gets
updated relatively regularly.

If you actually want a "stable" system, then you install the most recent
-RELEASE and do security updates. When 4.9-RELEASE happens, then you
upgrade.

All of that's covered in the FreeBSD handbook, too.

~Mac~