Linux for IBM p-series

Subject: Linux for IBM p-series
From: Joshua Kugler (jk@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 11:53:51 AKDT

We have an IBM p-series (RS/6000) system here at UAF (kindly donated by IBM)
and we are looking at putting Linux on it. Problem is: we don't have a Linux
distribution for it yet. And to acquire one from, say, Redhat would cost
$3500, which we don't have.

Does anyone know of any low/no cost Linux distributions for the p-series? On
Redhat's site, you can download just about anything for i386 and Alpha (even
their Enterprise WS/ES/AS products), but not for the p-series.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Joshua Kugler