In defense of Microsoft

Subject: In defense of Microsoft
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 23:00:57 AKDT

Another good pointer toward some work we need to be doing.

------------------
Russ McGuire, Business Reform Magazine September 24, 2003
     http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34749

For the past month I've been bashing Microsoft. ...

OpenOffice isn't yet quite up to snuff. ... It's been getting better,
but ...

The only thing worse than a Microsoft monopoly would be a Microsoft
monopoly under federal regulatory control. Imagine what would happen to
the price of Windows, Office and all other Microsoft products if the
company were burdened with constant regulatory oversight.

  ... I fear that Microsoft's products are creating more problems than
solutions. And I fear that, if the competitive market doesn't step up to
challenge Microsoft, the government will. Heaven help us all.