FAT32

Subject: FAT32
neil@neilmoomey.com
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 08:15:06 AKDT

I added a vfat entry in my fstab for a second hard drive. When I boot up RH9 it says "Warning FAT32 support is Alpha." Has anyone had problems with mounting or using FAT32 from Linux? Is this being worked on? I actually did have some problems transfering large amounts of data to my second hard drive with Nautilus. Sometimes it would quit half way through only moving half the files. This was an hour after I did a fresh reformat/install of RH9. I used Windows 2000 to create a 32MB FAT32 partition, the maximum size allowed.

Also, has anyone tried RH10 beta? How stable is it?

Neil