Postfix Woes

Subject: Postfix Woes
From: Jamie Hushower (hushower@ak.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 15:07:33 AKDT

I have been trying to get Postfix to discard email that matches the regular
expressions in my header_checks file, but Postfix doesn't like the
following:
/^Subject: Re: Details/ DISCARD

The log file reports:
Aug 21 14:49:50 mail postfix/cleanup[7906]: warning: unknown command in
header_checks map: DISCARD

The official Postfix docs claim DISCARD is a valid value that will drop the
email. I have no problems if I replace "DISCARD" with "REJECT", but I don't
want to send notification email to a likely spoofed return address.

Oddly, I have the same issue when trying to configure RAV Antivirus to do
the same thing to specific Subject patterns. No "DISCARD", only "REJECT"
works. Docs also claim "DISCARD" is a valid value. While I'm sure there are
plenty of recipes for procmail, SPAMAssassin, etc., I'd sure like to stick
with something that has already been configured and *should* work.

Any Postfix users out there? RAV Antivirus users? Thanks.

-Jamie