RE: Fwd: Distributing OpenOffice to schools

Subject: RE: Fwd: Distributing OpenOffice to schools
From: William F. Fulton (fulton@gci.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 14:24:21 AKDT

Another way to look at it is this

Schools are there to teach individuals to exist in the job market at
this time a large majority of businesses continue to pay for and use M$
Office until we can integrate open source applications into the majority
of businesses it would be foolish for public institutions to use any
other product. The problem isn't the IT departments of the schools
mentality it is the various corporations' insistence on using M$
products. Until we change corporate and government buying practices
there is no hope for Open Source anything to have more than a back seat
role in education.

William F. Fulton
Northern Lights Automation