Re: Eterm geometry

Subject: Re: Eterm geometry
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 04:26:53 AKDT

* bryan@ak.net <bryan@ak.net> [2003-08-12 22:56]:
> My Eterm 0.8.9 will accept the -g geometry option, but doesn't obey
> it. If I start a regular Eterm, it comes up as 80x22, and a login
> shell Eterm comes up as 80x23, no matter what.
>
> If I start Eterm with a geometry like 1000x500, it starts (and exits)
> very slowly, with lots of hdd noise, so something must be recognizing
> the geometry option, but the window size still comes up the same.
>
> Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Hrmmm... Have you tried adding the X and Y coord options?

  Example: '-g 800x600+1+1'

Also, you could try using the long version of the -g option, --geometry.
Other than that, not sure.

Regards,

--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'