Re: RE: Gentoo 1.4 released

Subject: Re: RE: Gentoo 1.4 released
From: Jacob Gemmell (evilbob@sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 08:01:17 AKDT

Stage 1 can be optimized for any CPU. Its basically the point at which
you start to define your optimizations. So the Stage 1 for a AthlonXP is
the same as a Stage1 for a Pentium 3 is the same as a Stage1 for a Pentium
4 is the same as a Stage1 for a Via C3 is the same as a Stage1 for a Duron
and so on and so forth.

Down load the basic ISO and start from there. I noticed in the new
instructions that the install now includes a script for generating your
kernel. I'm curious to se how that works out.

--
evilbob@sdf.lonestar.org