Re: Reading a finalized cd-rw

Subject: Re: Reading a finalized cd-rw
enderak@gci.net
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 12:58:12 AKDT

Is it an older CD-ROM? Can you read other CD-RW's in the CD-ROM (CD-RW's, not plain CD-R's)? Have you tried swapping the drives, and leaving the configuration (fstab, etc) the same?

That would at least tell you if it's a hardware or a software problem. Since you can read other CD's, I'd bet 100 to 1 it's a hardware problem, or perhaps it has trouble with that particular type of CD-RW. I've seen this type of thing a lot on older CD-ROM's.

Justin