Realaudio to Audio CD

Subject: Realaudio to Audio CD
From: Barsalou (barjunk@attglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 18:10:19 AKDT

OK. I finally got it working. I have no idea why it works now but will
share some of the things that SEEMED to matter.

1. Get RealPlayer8-8.0.3.412-6.

This was the version that worked for RH9

2. Make sure it works from Netscape. I had to change the preferences
under the performance tab to Esound (the last choice of three) before it
would work.

3. I needed to download vsound-0.5-1rh7x and install it.

4. The command I need to get vsound to capture what I was looking for
was:

vsound -f 062203.wav realplay http://url/filename.ram

062203.wav becomes the file that contains the audio

5. Because I was using xcdroast I had to use sox to convert the wav file
into a 16-bit stereo file...like this:

sox 062203.wav -r 44100 -c 2 output.wav

This creates a another file but now it is in stero (-c 2) and at the
right bit rate (44.1).

6. Because of how xcdroast was configured, I had to move the output.wav
file to the /tmp directory so that xcdroast could find it.

I found which directory this was set to by looking in the setup of
xcdroast under the hd settings tab.

7. I could then use the write tracks section under Create CD and proceed
as normal to layout the wav file and write it to the CD-R.

So it is a three step process.

Create the wave file from realaudio.
convert it to stereo
burn it to the CD.

Perfect for what I am trying to do!

Thanks for all the hints everyone provided...this worked great!

--
Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>