Re: I'm lost

Subject: Re: I'm lost
enderak@gci.net
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 12:04:43 AKDT

CC'd this back to the list. Not sure what the best course of action is - someone else probably has a better idea than myself.

I'm not quite sure where the problem arises, but you might try upgrading binutils before installing glibc.

If that doesn't work, I would maybe try ignoring the conflicts and force glibc-devel to install, then install gcc, and then you should be able to install SpamAssassin, provided you have all the rest of the required tools.

*BUT* there is a possibility that this would break something on your system. I think the worst that could happen is you would have to reinstall binutils, but I'm far from an expert at these things, so I would wait for someone more experienced at these things than my to reply before doing anything. :)

Regards,
Justin