Re: IDE and SCSI

Subject: Re: IDE and SCSI
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 10:10:50 AKDT

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Paul Carr wrote:

> I am looking at a new motherboard that has both an IDE and SCSI
> controller. Can a system have both types of devices active or does the
> use of one preclude the use of the other?

You can have both running at the same time.

Depending on the BIOS of the board, sometimes you have to boot off of the
IDE controller if there is an IDE hard drive. In my experience this is
usually a problem for older boards (Pentium & PII), and newer boards have
a BIOS that will let you select IDE or SCSI for the boot device.

Cheers,

James