Re: setuid root (i think)

Subject: Re: setuid root (i think)
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 20:08:20 AKDT

I use 'kdesu -c <command>' for this type of problem. It's the program
that will ask you for the root password and then run <command> as root.
It's a KDE tool, but I believe there is a counterpart for gnome as well.
  I use it with blackbox, so you don't necessarily have to use KDE for
it to work.

You would still need to put in the root password, but it would save you
from having to open up a terminal, etc every time. On the upside, you
would still have the security of not allowing it to be run without being
root.

Justin